3. Team Leads
Being a team lead is a rewarding experience. You will guide your team through the process of planning your urban service project(s) from conception to delivery. As a team leader you should be prepared to contribute significantly more time to the development of projects than other Ocean Bridge team members.
Team Leads are responsible for:
- Coordinating their project team;
- Acting as liaison between their project team, other teams and Ocean Bridge staff;
- Participating fully in weekly team lead meetings to share updates and identify collaboration opportunities with other team leads and Ocean Bridge staff;
- Delegating project tasks to their team members;
- Ensuring project team stays on task and deadlines are met;
- Producing a project work plan with support from their team;
- Communicating issues or challenges with Ocean Bridge staff in a timely manner.
Tasks & Timeline for project team leads:
- Complete "Team Lead Meeting" doodle poll by August 12th with availability for a weekly team lead meeting.
Once dates & times have been selected, team leads are expected to attend all team lead meetings.
- Coordinate an initial meeting with your project team before August 18th
- Send a completed project work plan to Ocean Bridge staff by August 27th
- Ensure the budget and communications leads have submitted the project budget and communications strategy to Ocean Bridge staff by September 10th
- Lead their team in delivering the service project in Vancouver from October 11-16th
- Develop team leadership skills including: communication, motivation, time management and delegation
- Demonstrate understanding of the project planning process and components of a project plan
Continue to 4. Finance Representatives »